Were you intrigued with your own learning experience in an NTL Human Interaction (HI) Lab? Would you like to be on an HI Lab staff and facilitate a T-Group yourself, impacting –maybe even transforming –the lives of participants?
If so, Transforming Through T-Groups (TTTG) will be a necessary and vital step along your pathway.
TTTG is an intensive, challenging, advanced-level train-the-trainer program required of NTL members who want to qualify to staff NTL’s signature HI Labs. It is open to non-NTL members as well. The program goals are to:
- Develop participant competencies in four key areas:
- Facilitating T-Groups
- Managing diversity and inclusion dynamics
- Designing, presenting and facilitating experiential learning modules
- Preventing distress reactions, and recognizing and responding to such reactions should they occur
- Provide training in effective T-Group facilitation for all participants.
Participants must have successfully completed an NTL Human Interaction Laboratory before attending this program.
Successful completion of Transforming Through T-Groups (TTTG) will enable participants to:
- Understand the five stages of group development and the group dynamics that are present in each stage
- Intervene effectively at individual, interpersonal and group levels of T-Group systems to support individual and group learning
- Understand the power dynamics involved in interactions across multiple dimensions of social identity group differences
- Track and describe diversity, inclusion and social justice dynamics in ways that create an inclusive and positive learning environment
- Design, present and facilitate experiential learning modules
- Create learning structures that help prevent distress reactions
- Recognize and respond to distress reactions if these occur
Program elements include:
- Theory & practice of group development
- T-Group methodology
- Theory & practice of diversity & inclusion
- Multi-level system & power dynamics
- Creating a safe container for learning
- Intervention skill practice
- Complexity of social system dynamics
- Restoring social equity
- Increasing self-awareness
A Blended Learning Approach
TTTG will use a blended learning approach that incorporates various synchronous and asynchronous online learning methods, including a series of webinars; an 8-day face-to-face learning experience devoted almost exclusively to T-Group facilitation practice; and follow-up coaching/mentoring support for NTL members during their initial HI Lab staffing experience.
The schedule is to be determined.
Note: The tuition fee for this course is $5,900 for non-members and $2,700 for NTL members. Your NTL member discount will be applied after your registration. Tuition fee does not include accommodations.