Program & Service FAQ's
Educational Programs & Coaching Services
Following are commonly asked questions and answers regarding our learning and development programs and our coaching services. If you don't see your question below, please email us at Info@ntl.org.
- How do I register for a program?
- Where are the program locations?
- When do I have to register for a program?
- Are there any late fees?
- How much does an NTL program cost?
- Do you offer discounts?
- When do I have to make a payment for a program?
- What is the cancellation and credit policy?
- Do I make my own hotel reservations?
- Can I arrive late and leave early to programs?
- Will I have time off?
- Can I bring guests or family?
- What is the dress code for programs?
- What is the benefit of NTL coaching?
- Who are the coaches?
- What will the NTL coach provide?
- How is coaching different from the T-Group process?
- How do I get matched with a coach?
- When will the coaching take place?
- How will the coaching take place?
- What if I need to reschedule an appointment?
- Over what period of time will the coaching take place?
- Will there be a written report from the coach? Who will receive this?
- Is it possible to continue working with my coach after the allotted package time?
- How do I sign up for the coaching service?
Educational Program FAQ's
How do I register for a program?
Registration is online. To register, please click here to view our available programs and click on the name of the program you would like to take.
- NTL Institute Learning Center in Arlington, Virginia
- The Bethel Inn Resort in Bethel, Maine
- Bolger Center in Potomac, Maryland
- Dolce Atlanta-Peachtree in Peachtree City, GA
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland in Portland, OR
- The Mason Inn Conference Center & Hotel in Fairfax, Virginia
- The National Conference Center in Leesburg, Virginia
- Sheration Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel in Dania Beach, Florida
- Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel in San Diego, CA
- Talaris Conference Center in Seattle, Washington
- White Oaks Conference Resort and Spa in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canana
- Wyndham Lisle-Chicago Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in Lisle, Illinois
When do I have to register for a program?
Attendance at each program is limited, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, please register as far in advance as possible. A program will close to registration under two situations: when the capacity has been reached or when the RSVP-by-date has passed. The RSVP-by-date is 5 days prior to the start of the program.
Do you offer discounts?
NTL does offer discounts. All discounts must be claimed upon registration/signing of contract by contacting the client relationship manager at Info@ntl.org. To view a complete list of our discounts, please click here.
When do I have to make a payment for a program?
Payments should be made at the time of registration for each program. Credit cards and purchase orders from organizations can be used to pay for NTL programs. Your program tuition must be paid in full prior to the program start date.
Tuition/Tuition Credits: Tuition for NTL programs is non-refundable. If a cancellation or late transfer is unavoidable, NTL recommends utilizing the substitution option as indicated below. Any unused funds resulting from a cancellation, transfer, or substitution will be held as a tuition credit for the period of one year from said action. Tuition credits not used in this time frame are forfeited.
Cancellations: All notices of cancellation must be received in writing and will be administered as follows:
Notice Received: Tuition Credit:
> 30 days in advance 100% tuition credit
7-29 days in advance 50% tuition credit
< 7 days in advance No tuition credit
Transfers: All requests to transfer from one program to another must be received in writing and will be administered as follows:
Transfer Request: Tuition Credit:
> 30 days in advance $250*+ program price difference
7-29 days in advance $250*+ program price difference
< 7 days in advance No transfer; treated as cancellation
*With at least 30 days notice, $250 fee waived for first transfer request. Each subsequent transfer request results in a $250 fee plus any difference in program costs.
Substitutions: A tuition credit may be transferred to another person or an alternate designated by the registrant. Substitution/alternate registrant requests must be received in writing and approved by the NTL Institute. Substitute/alternate participants must meet any prerequisite requirements and are required to complete registration and pre-work before the beginning of the program.
Do I make my own hotel reservations?
Yes, you are responsible for making your own lodging accommodations at the training site. See your program location's landing page for details.
Can I arrive late and leave early to programs?
Because of the structure of NTL's programs, which is essential to the interpersonal development of each participant in our programs, tasks and assignments are to be completed as a group. Therefore, participants are asked to arrive on time at the beginning of the program and each day. Early departures for reasons other than emergencies are not encouraged and are counter-productive to the groups.
Will I have time off?
During the program, there is limited time allotted for sightseeing and recreational activities. Therefore, if you wish to enjoy the sites and activities, we encourage you to arrive at the program site early or stay a few days after the close of the program.
Coaching Service FAQ's
What is the benefit of NTL coaching?
The purpose of coaching is to "move the action forward." In this sense, coaching allows a person to take her or his personal insights to the next level, and to apply them to leadership and/or situations involving transition.
Who are the coaches?
All coaches are NTL members who are seasoned, trained, and experienced in the areas of coaching, leadership and management, group dynamics, self-awareness, interpersonal effectiveness, group identity and issues of diversity, etc.
- One-on-one confidential coaching
- Support over a period of time (Coaching will be provided over the telephone, with e-mail support)
- Resource and/or training recommendations as appropriate
How is coaching different from the T-Group process?
The T-Group helps individuals learn about themselves and those behaviors that could be getting in the way of personal or professional advancement. The primary vehicle for learning in an NTL lab is the T-Group. Coaching is an action-driven, one-to-one experience that enables you to face your challenges and apply new awareness and learning and put them into practice in your life and your organization. Your coach is your partner and your champion in this process.
- NTL will select a coach to work with you based on your individual coaching preferences.
- The NTL coach will contact you via e-mail and will include a profile of her/his professional coaching experience prior to the start of discussions.
How will the coaching take place?
The coaching will take place over the phone, with emails between appointments to support the learning. Assignments between discussions may also be part of the coaching process. Sometimes this involves reading a brief article which supports or enhances learning. Sometimes it involves experimenting with a new behavior and reflection on the experience. Your coach may also simply ask you to keep a daily journal of what you are noticing about yourself during the coaching engagement.
What if I need to reschedule an appointment?
You must provide at least 24 hours notice to your coach if you need to reschedule. Failure to provide adequate notice of cancellation could result in the amount of time reserved for the cancelled discussion being counted as part of your coaching engagement.
Will there be a written report from the coach? Who will receive this?
Coaching is a confidential partnership between you and your coach. At the end of each discussion, you and your coach will summarize the conversation, including any next steps. This is a standard practice in the coaching partnership. No documentation will be forwarded to any other party.
Is it possible to continue working with my coach after the allotted package time?
Yes. Inform your coach about this interest at the final session, and she/he will share with you the process for contracting additional coaching time.